href="http://hotbliggityblog.com/?refer=true" target="_blank">

Friday, March 23, 2012

Birthday!!

Its been another year!! It feels like the older that I get, that the faster that time goes!

The 22nd year of my life was a good one...and Austin made sure that the beginning of my 23rd year was very special.  The week before my birthday Austin was away on business in Arizona.  That is a long time to spend alone! But I survived and spent lots of time reading Hunger Games and going to the gym.  I also had some friends take me out for my birthday.  Austin was planning on getting into Salt Lake at 4:00 on the evening of my birthday.  I was kind of bummed that he was going to miss the majority of my birthday, but he ended up making up for that.  I picked him up from the airport and when we got home there were birthday flowers for me on the doorstep.  We then went to dinner.  He wouldn't tell me where we were going, and we ended up at Jason's Deli in Orem.  It is where we had our first official date on my birthday 3 years ago!  It is a really special place to us for that reason- and we love the free ice cream!  After dinner Austin made it a night of remembering all the good times in our relationships.  We went to places around Utah Valley that we had been when we dated and where we had great memories!  I relationship has never been perfect so it was a very fun and a good way to remember all the good times that we have had.  We then went to get a red-box and headed home.  Once I got there, I saw a little note on my door that read "just because your married doesn't mean your excluded from the tradition."  When I opened the door there was toilet paper draped from the ceiling fan to the corners of the room.  Before I could register that, lots of friends and family popped out.  Sneaky Austin had thrown me a surprise party!  We all ate cake and had a great time.  My old roommates were there and had tastefully decorated my house with toilet paper (our roommate tradition was to wake up in the middle of the night and tape up a wall of toilet paper over our roommates door that was having a birthday.  When the birthday girl work up she got to walk through a wall of toilet paper. Not sure if that makes sense, but believe when I say, it was cool).  I am so glad they are still including me in the tradition! They also got me cute balloons and a cupcake from the Cocoa Bean. All in all it was an amazing day.  I used to not like birthdays because I hate being the center of attention (for that reason I hope that this was my first, and last surprise party).  But birthday's really are a day to show that person that they are special and loved.  I definitely felt that:)

Thanks again everyone and here's to another great year!! :)

2 comments:

  1. SO much fun! I'm glad you had a good birthday :) you have a great husband!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day and great hubby!

    ReplyDelete